Children are at the very heart of what we do in Tameside and we are currently investing in and growing our Social Work teams so that we can provide the best possible service for our children and their families.
We very much value our committed and passionate workforce that supports strong families and an engaged community.
Now is the right time to come and work in Tameside Children’s Services.
Our Social Worker Benefit Package:
- Effective induction programme, which includes no cases allocated during your first two weeks
- Supportive teams and a great, friendly working environment
- Fantastic peer support - Buddying & Mentoring
- Social Work teams centrally located together
- A high standard of professional supervision and a focus on supporting professional development
- Development and implementation of the ‘Signs of Safety’ casework practice model
- Manageable caseloads to enable reflective practice
- Health & Wellbeing support
- Free access to 200+ online training courses
- Annual appraisal scheme
- Comprehensive workforce development programme
- Robust supervision model
- ASYE practitioner forum
- ASYE enrolment on University qualifying programme
- Practice Educator Payment
To discover further rewards and benefts, Click here
Professional Pay Grades
- Pay that increases in line with your continued professional development
- Provides you with the opportunity to develop new and specialist skills.
- Be involved in supporting the development of others within your profession
- Be instrumental in the development and delivery of quality services.
What our employees say about working in Children’s Services
Senior Practitioner Nicola says: “The people make this place special - everyone is always ready to support you and help you out. There are also lots of opportunities for training and career progression. I started as a newly qualified Social Worker here in Tameside and have since been appointed to the role of Senior Practitioner, which is great.”
Debbie, a Head of Service has worked for Tameside Children’s Services for over 37 years, said: “The whole of my career has grown and developed in Tameside supported by a friendly, hardworking and committed workforce.”
Click on the video to find out direct from our team what it is like to work in Tameside Childrens Services.
Further great reasons to work in Tameside
Tameside is a forward-looking borough to the east of Greater Manchester. It embraces nine towns each with its own identity and personality. The borough is an attractive place to live, combining a mix of urban and rural landscapes that include historic market towns, a canal network and industrial heritage areas
The borough of Tameside is vibrant and well connected with plenty to offer its residents, including:
- Great schools and colleges.
- Excellent public transport connections across the region.
- Affordable housing in a range of urban and rural locations.
- Stunning countryside all within a short train journey from Manchester city centre.
- The peak district is only a short drive away too!